Duke of Sussex Prince Harry’s lawyer went to London’s High Court on Wednesday, as the tabloid press’s phone-hacking hearing is coming to an end.
David Sherborne told the court that the trashy press made Prince Harry a “prime target” and that he must have been hacked.
The lawyer said, “The newspapers regarded him as a prime target, perhaps one of the most prime targets, in the sense of royal stories drive newspaper sales.”
Around 100 people, including the Duke of Sussex, are suing MGN, which publishes the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, and Sunday People, for phone-hacking and illegally gathering information from 1991 to 2011.
Earlier this month, Prince Harry went to court and gave his account in person.
As the first British prince to testify in court in more than a century, the Duke accused a tabloid publisher of “industrial-scale” phone hacking.