Videos show active shooter suspect crash car into Colorado mall, make bomb threats


Police in Colorado responded to a call of an active shooter incident at the Pueblo Mall on Tuesday, which led to a car driving through the mall’s entrance and crashing into the food court.

The man who had been operating the vehicle has been taken into custody, but told police that there was a bomb inside the car, reports ABC 11 News Colorado.

“Everyone was screaming… there was a lot of commotion,” a witness told 11 News.

Bystander video footage shows law enforcement attempting to pull over the car in the parking lot, before it veers and drives directly into the mall’s entrance.

Another TikTok video posted from the event shows the scene inside the food court as the driver was being arrested. During the struggle with police, the suspect can be heard yelling about a bomb and threatening to “blow up the mall.”

@ritzin20

I was literally sitting in that section and had to jump over the wall to get out the way..

♬ original sound – Rita

The Pueblo Police Department evacuated the area and no injuries have been reported. The Pueblo Metro Bomb Unit also responded to the scene.

As of Tuesday evening, it was unclear what exactly the “active shooter incident” was that led to the crash and eventual arrest.

Pueblo police also reported that the suspect has not yet provided a reason for wanting to cause harm.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *